As I
am home gaining new strength (trying to anyway) as I practice my arts and my
yoga and my readings as well as my writing, I must say the weather sure came at
a perfect time for me! The east coast is okay I suppose.... I know there
are many who would have loved the snow, but having this springlike
weather in March sure minimized my cabin fever.......
The East Coast
may not be perfect, not by any stretch, but if you look around you could still find beauty in nature
Is this global warming? or is it mere
luck? he suggested........
Or is it either I imposed........
Sharon Maria Nicole Perrotta-Thourot
retrieved from: http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/tribunals/apost_penit/documents/rc_trib_appen_doc_20060921_stafford-reconciliation_en.html on March 20, 2012.
The author--I intend to address three themes for the renewal of the sacrament.
Me--For now, I am only giving you one.
Me--For now, I am only giving you one.
1.
A clear, unequivocal Christological Foundation of the practice of the Sacrament of Confession is necessary for any successful renewal of the Sacrament. The life and mission of Jesus Christ can be summarized in one word: confession. According to the usage of St. Augustine, the Latin word,. “Confessiones” means not only “confessio peccati” (confession of sin), but also confessio laudis(confession of praise) and confessio fidei (confession of faith). Jesus habitually confesses, admits and reveals himself through these three confessiones before the Father to be his only begotten Son. Always and everywhere he confesses himself to be the gift of the Father. For the Father is his source and origin. The acme of Jesus’s confessional drama was reached during his passion and death. Then the sinless one voluntarily underwent an “exchange of places” with all the sinners of the world. In the Last Supper, he prayed, ”Father, the hour has come: glorify thy Son that the Son may glorify thee” (Jn. 17: 1). Aware of his unique relation to the Father, he accepted the unimaginable burden of all the world’s “No” to God. Every human being throughout history has loaded his or her sins upon the Innocent One whose outstretched arms embraced them all in love. The glory of Jesus’s self-manifestation attracted Andrew. Philip invited the skeptical Nathaniel to ”Come and See.” Watching and listening to Jesus, they eventually accepted his actions during his suffering and death as the original model of a disciple’s confession. Yet, while having known that God claimed to have so loved the world that he gave his only Son, Arthur Miller, the 20th century American playwright, asserted, “Maybe I could believe in God if he believed in me”.
No comments:
Post a Comment